Welcome to the Swan Valley Elementary School. We are located in Irwin, 45 miles east of Idaho Falls, Bonneville County, Idaho. Our district has one elementary school, with a student count of about 60 in grades Pre-K thru 8. High school students are bused to Ririe High School. We have four teachers who teach in multiple grade classrooms.
Because of our small student count, our staff-to-student ratio is very unique and allows for individualized teaching. Also, because of the richness and abundance of natural wildlife and resources in our area, our students experience opportunities such as skiing, watching the wild salmon run, and naturalist type field trips. We also have a strong art and music program as part of our curriculum.
Students have access to a variety of technology, each student has their own iPad, and teaching is enhanced with the use of Apple TV's, smart boards, and a large variety of educational apps. We are very proud to be a state-of-the-art technology school!
We proudly present a Missoula Children's Theatre© production each spring, sponsored by either the P.T.O or the Swan Valley School. Our strong P.T.O. also sponsors a 5K Square Scoot Fun Run, a Halloween Carnival each October, and supports our Ski School Program at Grand Targhee each winter.
It is important to be able to communicate quickly and effectively with parents. In an effort to improve our school communications, District 92 uses Txtwire, which will send text messages about upcoming events, school closures and emergencies. To receive text messages, please text "swan" to 91011. Send any questions you may have to us.
- 2019-2020 Continuous Improvement Plan
- 2019-2020 School Calendar UPDATED
- 2020-2021 School Calendar
- Plant Levy Information May 2020
Here are strategies to help comabt the spread of coronavirus:
- If you are sick, stay home from school.
- Avoid close contact with those who are sick.
- Cover your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing with a tissue or the crook of your arm.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water.
- Wipe down and clean high traffic areas.